How to Eat an Elephant

Now that our immediate actionable goal has completed, Kelly and I are stretching our project to include more pages than just the original home page. We have most of the internal links fleshed out but the remaining tasks seem endless and daunting. They are absolutely achievable issues. There are, however, many achievable tasks to make up a whole mountain. One of my favorite sayings that has prevailed over the last few days is "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time."

What I've learned so far definitely aligns with that statement. It's easiest to tackle a project by breaking it into manageable pieces and doing one line of code at a time. For this project in particular, we've been utilizing a lot of Github's tools for tracking issues, listing problems, and delegating assignments. Each day I aim to resolve at least four issues and tackle any that I see along the way.


Comments