24 Hours Later

My post yesterday was so easy going and relaxed I just had to update today. Yesterday was hard. Yesterday was hours of pseudo coding and talking out concepts and searching through our reading materials for hints. We've moved into DOM and integrated for loop concepts. The giant, looming brick wall was also combining last week's knowledge of how a <form> is structured in HTML. Well, on top of constantly checking syntax and never knowing where in these four concepts our code was faulting. A fellow student and I worked together when we realized we were at similar points in the learning curve.



The task itself seemed pretty simple but if you read my .js file here: https://github.com/victoriarainc/form_builder than you can actually read in the comments under "the long way" the thought and problem solving I put into trying to reconstruct a dynamic input form. As in, a form that had the proper space for me to input the different types of information. I understood the goal. I understood the for loop. I didn't understand the attributes of form. But I didn't know that. So I checked and rechecked and rechecked the syntax. I googled my situation to read forum after forum of other people building similar things. It all just went over my head.

Next step? Ask for help. An instructor came by to help breakdown what we already knew and where we wanted to go.  My guess is we were already pretty fried by that point so we kind of started to spiral. We had two different approaches proposed and instead of picking one we tried to integrate both. So for hours we ran in circles and fleshed out what we wanted to do on our whiteboard and in our comments. We were so close.

tl;dr Please take breaks and take care of yourself so your brain can function properly!

Comments