So Fetch!

Last night our daily assignment was to create a web page from scratch. It's super easy now to auto populate some simple HTML and complete the organization of the page through DOM manipulation in JavaScript. The difficult part was using fetch to pull data out of an API in order to display search results. I did it though! Once the class realized that there was some extra security going on and we needed to read the next day's lesson to learn about CORS we got it all sorted out.


I made the colors pretty obnoxious just for fun. I'm starting to get the hang of the hover styling in CSS. I also just discovered google's color picker! Just search 'color picker css' and there at the top of the page is a sliding bar that allows you to manipulate the color in the box. That color coordinates with a hexadecimal code or rgb set of numbers that CSS understands. Voila! Beautiful colors that aren't super generic!

I'm still pretty rusty on the fetch method of requesting data from an API but I believe most of my questions will be cleared up this morning during lecture. Then we move straight into cookies, tokens, and pull requests on git!

Comments