Learn Something New Every Day!

Today I've been tasked with teaching myself something new! In the coming weeks it will be time to decide what language to specialize in. I have the options of React, Java, and Ruby. All are wonderful options but as I've worked throughout this program I am still leaning towards a more visual career. That entails continuing to learn front-end development. In turn that makes React my best option. So today I'm going to get a little ahead of myself and learn some basics of React.

I have no plans to build anything snazzy. From the little I've read about React it can be intimidating to get into. There are a lot of moving parts to code but it seems especially true of React. Just finding a tutorial on React itself instead of all of the other packages and frameworks that go into it was difficult. If I can just populate a page of images today using React I'll be satisfied!



I'm using the first two tutorials listed here: http://andrewhfarmer.com/getting-started-tutorials/ to get started!

Comments