After the Demo Day

Though my time at The Iron Yard has come to it's final end (after graduation, after career development, and after Demo Day) and I have come out a whole new person.

I have a newfound confidence that I never knew I was capable of before. I've overcome so many of my personal fears and feel like I am a stronger person now that I have challenged myself in a field I previously felt I didn't belong in. The road ahead is going to continue to be difficult as a I find my way in but I know I can handle it and for the first time in a long time I am proud of what I have accomplished.

The LGBT redesign will be a continuous project I work on with the Center until we implement the new look. I still have the Corky's Kettle Corn site to update as well. In between those projects I continue to update my previous projects by writing well crafted READMEs, refactoring old code, adding new features, and implementing unit testing.

With so many new tools available to me I know it is only a matter of time until I can provide my skill set and passion to a company willing to have me. Until then there are so many resources for me to use and ideas to flesh out - I'm going to accomplish as much as I can!

Comments